Sales Training Success: CustomerCentric Selling® helps Endforce increase their pipeline by 350% with 100% forecasting accuracy.
EVP of Sales
Goal and Current Situation
Following a successful round of funding, Endforce hired a new SVP of Sales, Herb Jones, whose goal was to build and lead the sales team required to meet the company’s top line revenue projections. Mr. Jones conducted a brief assessment of the current sales staff and selling practices and reached the following conclusions:
- Endforce lacked a defined sales process;
- Forecasting was inaccurate because opportunity qualification and pipeline grading varied with by salesperson;
- Sales cycles involving pilots dragged on for six to twelve months with no end in sight and required the support of expensive technical personnel; and
- Endforce typically initiated sales cycles through technical buyers (evaluators) rather than business executives resulting in a high percentage of opportunities that continued indefinitely without the buyer making a decision.
In light of these conclusions, Mr. Jones, together with the Endforce executive team, determined that the most efficient way to increase sales performance and revenue generation was the introduction of a consistent, repeatable sales process. Specifically, he wished to use the sales process to generate the following capabilities within Endforce’s sales and marketing teams:
- Establish a consistent sales methodology for use by all sales and marketing personnel;
- Improve the consistency of sales execution through skills training and reinforcement;
- Provide sales persons with the sales messaging and related tools that helped them translate technical discussions into discussions of business value with senior executives and technical personnel; and
- Establish a centralized source of sales information within the current SFA system to improve pipeline management and forecasting.
CustomerCentric Selling® provided Endforce with the capabilities that Endforce required to achieve its goals. Steve Berger and Mike Mozenter, both CustomerCentric Selling® Business Partners, conducted a customized CustomerCentric Selling® Workshop for the entire sales, marketing and executive staff.
During the six month period following the CustomerCentric Selling® Workshop, Endforce achieved the below results.
Benefits to Endforce:
- Sales pipeline increased by 350%
- Average length of the sales cycle was reduced by 30%
- Achieved forecasting accuracy of 100% for two consecutive quarters
- Gross sales revenues increased by 150% compared to pre-implementation performance
Specializing in network access control solutions, Endforce helps companies decrease costs and downtime associated with network disruption caused by unauthorized access through unknown or unsecured endpoints.
About CustomerCentric Selling® – The Sales Training Company
CustomerCentric Selling® (CCS®) is a proven methodology for predictably improving revenue growth and sales performance. Founded in 2002, CCS® helps clients worldwide to implement repeatable, auditable and scalable sales processes that, when combined with Sales Ready Messaging®, guides marketing and sales to have meaningful conversations with customers and prospects. This results in winning high-value deals, retaining and growing client relationships and improving the predictability and accuracy of sales forecasts.
CustomerCentric Selling® is regularly named to the Top Sales Training Companies list. Clients such as Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Business Objects, Rockwell Automation, EMC and Raython have deployed CCS® worldwide. For more information, vist www.customercentric.com, or call Jill Perez at 800.993.1228, ext.706.
Our Live Workshops are filling up!
If you want to take the guesswork out of how to improve your sales game, we can help. Come to our next Live Workshop in Boston or Denver. You’ll get three days of in-person sales training, great food, expert hands-on coaching, and — most importantly! — a clear process for any sales situation so you can earn more money for your company and for yourself.