Sales Training Success: CustomerCentric Selling® arms the Eqecat salesforce with the skills and power needed to improve performance.
VP of Sales
Before working with CustomerCentric Selling®, Eqecat’s goals were to:
- Standardize all sales and marketing practices.
- Increase their win percentage by emphasizing value and meaningful differentiation versus competitors who mainly rely upon market position advantages.
- Differentiate by the way they sell, as well as by the product solutions they offer.
- Enable their sales people to call more effectively and comfortably above the line.
The reasons they weren’t able to achieve their goals was that the company recognized that its sales force was being reactive, rather than in control of the sales process. The sales team was selling their features first. Bob Healy, VP of Sales, said, “Previously, we would jump at the opportunity to rush in for a command performance of a hundred PowerPoint slides and a demo, with little success.” Too often, the sales people spent all of their time with below the line people, immersed in technical details, only to be disappointed when decisions made at higher levels favored market share leaders.
Working with CustomerCentric Selling®, the capabilities Eqecat defined were:
- The ability for sales, technical support and sales management to identify client needs/goals and subsequently link the goals to EQECAT solutions.
- To enable them to diagnose the needs rather than shot-gunning solutions.
- The ability to get access to power and gain commitment.
- Re-engineer their sales messaging to be business-value oriented rather than technically focused.
CustomerCentric Selling® provided them with these capabilities in a workshop conducted by Michele I. Khoury, a CustomerCentric Selling® Platinum Business Partner.
The results Eqecat achieved included:
- Within days of the training, one salesperson explored the client goals and was introduced to power.
- Another salesperson was able to re-engineer a client solution vision and won the account.
- Another salesperson was able to diagnose a situation where the decision was already made and avoided significant time wasted as the ‘Silver Medalist’ vendor.
- Another salesperson got access to the Decision Maker, negotiated a Sequence of Events and closed 40% of his quota within three months.
EQECAT is a $20 million company that provides risk management software and consulting services to Property/Casualty Insurers and Reinsurers worldwide. Their catastrophe modeling software products quantify insurer risk exposure to catastrophic events, such as earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, tornado, hail and other such events in 88 countries.
Benefits to Eqecat:
- Salespeople armed with powerful skills to better connect with prospects in understanding their pains and diagnosing their needs
- Improved awareness of when to pull out of an opportunity when placed in a “B or C column”
- Salesperson achieved 40% of quota within three months of training
About CustomerCentric Selling®
CustomerCentric Selling® (CCS®) is a proven methodology for predictably improving revenue growth and sales performance. Founded in 2002, CCS® helps clients worldwide to implement repeatable, auditable and scalable sales processes that, when combined with Sales Ready Messaging®, guides marketing and sales to have meaningful conversations with customers and prospects. This results in winning high-value deals, retaining and growing client relationships and improving the predictability and accuracy of sales forecasts.
CustomerCentric Selling® is regularly named to the Top Sales Training Companies list. Clients such as Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Business Objects, Rockwell Automation, EMC and Raython have deployed CCS® worldwide. For more information, vist www.customercentric.com, or call Jill Perez at 800.993.1228, ext.706.
Our Live Workshops are filling up!
If you want to take the guesswork out of how to improve your sales game, we can help. Come to our next Live Workshop in Boston or Denver. You’ll get three days of in-person sales training, great food, expert hands-on coaching, and — most importantly! — a clear process for any sales situation so you can earn more money for your company and for yourself.