Sales Training Success: Macrovision attains near perfect forecasting accuracy and boosts sales pipeline with CustomerCentric Selling®.
VP of Sales
Macrovision began evaluating several sales methodologies when coming across CustomerCentric Selling®. The primary goals of the executive team included improving the sales pipeline and revenue performance.
The challenges they faced in reaching their goals were:
- No consistency across the sales organization.
- Sales people were calling low in the organization and talking about products, not “solutions.”
- Sales cycles sometimes dragged on and could be over 12 months.
- Sales representatives sometimes gave things away (time, resources, discounts).
With help from CustomerCentric Selling®, the capabilities Macrovision defined were:
- A common language and methodology and use of consistent pipeline milestones.
- More effective ways to get to the “C” buyers and understand their needs.
- Improve qualification and disqualification.
- Show measurable benefits to prospects and measure customer successes.
- Improve negotiation techniques and use of the “quid pro quo” throughout the sales process.
CustomerCentric Selling® provided Macrovision with these capabilities.
After conducting a customized CustomerCentric Selling® Workshop with the entire North American Sales, Marketing, and Consulting teams, Pat Dougherty (the CustomerCentric Selling® Business Partner) worked with the VP of Sales for Macrovision to measure the results, which included:
- The sales pipeline has increased by 72%.
- The average discount immediately went from 11% to 5%.
- The accuracy of the sales forecast has been at least 98% for the past two quarters.
- The average sale per sales representative increased by 42% in the last quarter.
Macrovision is focused on providing a uniquely simple digital home entertainment experience by delivering solutions to businesses to protect, enhance and distribute digital goods to consumers across multiple channels. The Macrovision Solutions technologies are deployed by companies in the entertainment, consumer electronics, cable and satellite, and online distribution markets to solve industry-specific challenges and bring greater value to their customers. The result of deploying Macrovision’s solutions is a simple end user experience to discover, acquire, manage and enjoy digital content. Today, Macrovision provides connected middleware, media recognition, interactive programming guides, copy protection and rich media, data and metadata on music, games, movies and television programming. The company also operates entertainment portals including http://www.tvguide.com and http://www.allmusic.com. Macrovision holds over 4,000 issued or pending patents and patent applications worldwide.
Macrovision Solutions is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with approximately 13 offices across the United States and around the world.
If you have questions about this client, please contact Pat Dougherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits to Macrovision:
- Increased sales pipeline by 72%
- Average discount cut from 11% to 5%
- Forecast accuracy of at least 98%
- Average sale per representative increased 42%
About CustomerCentric Selling®
CustomerCentric Selling® (CCS®) is a proven methodology for predictably improving revenue growth and sales performance. Founded in 2002, CCS® helps clients worldwide to implement repeatable, auditable and scalable sales processes that, when combined with Sales Ready Messaging®, guides marketing and sales to have meaningful conversations with customers and prospects. This results in winning high-value deals, retaining and growing client relationships and improving the predictability and accuracy of sales forecasts.
CustomerCentric Selling® is regularly named to the Top Sales Training Companies list. Clients such as Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Business Objects, Rockwell Automation, EMC and Raython have deployed CCS® worldwide. For more information, vist www.customercentric.com, or call Jill Perez at 800.993.1228, ext.706.