Sales Training Success: Pronto Networks Builds Stronger Client Relationships with CustomerCentric Selling®
VP and General Manager for the Americas
Goals and Current Situation
Prior to implementing CustomerCentric Selling®, Pronto Networks was faced with the following challenges:
- Salespeople were challenged to create the necessary pipeline of prospects that would justify reaching the company’s revenue goal.
- Existing partnerships were not generating the leads or revenue expected from the relationship.
- Sales people had not been formally trained in the sales engagement model that combines direct and indirect sales processes and activities.
- Marketing, resellers, and OEM partners, as well as direct sales and sales support personnel, had not been trained in how to represent the Pronto Networks business value proposition.
- New messaging and materials for the municipal market were not well defined making it difficult to effectively deliver it to prospects.
The way Pronto Networks was doing business amidst these challenges resulted in sales reps and resellers missing quota in the past 12 months and limited qualified leads in the pipeline.
According to Singh, the company was looking for a methodology to enable its sales team to:
- Diagnose a prospects’ needs and goals with a bias towards Pronto’s strengths, giving them a better understanding of exactly how prospects could achieve their goals by deploying Pronto’s products and services.
- Develop a set of tools, including messages, templates, and prompters, to help the company’s sales people engage in intelligent “prescriptive” conversations with customers about the benefits and use of its products and services.
Carol Highton, VP and General Manager of the Americas for Pronto Networks, said: “We engaged the services Philippe Lavie, CustomerCentric Selling® Business Partner, to help us refine our messages, prepare tools our sales force and our resellers could use, and move from a product-centric to a client-focused sales model.” Singh adds: “We chose to train our people ourselves using the Toolkit Philippe had prepared for us. To date, I have seen significant results directly attributable to both our work with Philippe and the CustomerCentric Selling® Sales Ready Messaging® process and tools.”
According to Singh, the company’s results include:
- The SRM® toolkit delivered by Philippe enabled Pronto to arm its sales team, partners and resellers to initiate a relevant dialog around their prospect’s pain points.
- The pipeline is built with better qualified opportunities.
- Conversations with prospects are centered on critical business benefits they can achieve and not about the feature and functions the company’s products bring to the market.
Pronto Networks helps network operators, cities and local governments deploy and manage metropolitan-wide networks. Using Pronto applications, clients can provision, configure, authenticate, control access, secure, and process pre-paid and post-paid billing and roaming settlement for large public WLAN networks. They can also remotely manage and update multi-vendor hardware and Wi-Fi switches.
The company is headquartered in Pleasanton, CA, and has offices in Bangalore, India and London.
More information on Pronto Networks can be found at www.prontonetworks.com
If you have questions about this client, please contact Philippe Lavie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Common language and set of tools to support relevant conversations with prospects
- Improved pipeline quality with more qualified opportunities
- Conversations centered around business benefits versus feature/functionality
- Creation of a more customer-centric message that resonates with prospects
About CustomerCentric Selling®
CustomerCentric Selling® (CCS®) is a proven methodology for predictably improving revenue growth and sales performance. Founded in 2002, CCS® helps clients worldwide to implement repeatable, auditable and scalable sales processes that, when combined with Sales Ready Messaging®, guides marketing and sales to have meaningful conversations with customers and prospects. This results in winning high-value deals, retaining and growing client relationships and improving the predictability and accuracy of sales forecasts.
CustomerCentric Selling® is regularly named to the Top Sales Training Companies list. Clients such as Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Business Objects, Rockwell Automation, EMC and Raython have deployed CCS® worldwide. For more information, vist www.customercentric.com, or call Jill Perez at 800.993.1228, ext.706.