Sales Training Success: Quova increases transaction size by 45%, learns how to better qualify prospects and effectively allocate resources using CCS.
SVP of Operations, CEO
“Our primary goal in implementing a defined sales methodology was to increase revenue by 100%. Unfortunately we did not feel prepared to meet this challenge,” says Gary Jackson, SVP of Operations for Quova. Some of Jackson’s reasons were:
- Only one sales rep out of eight had exceeded his sales quota in the last year, even though revenue goals had been met.
- Sales reps were focusing on selling projects, not looking at addressing the entire needs of an enterprise.
- Sales people had challenges creating a vision around how the product and services could help prospects address new markets and create new revenue streams. By not being able to identify a need to satisfy, a goal to achieve, a problem to solve early in the sales cycle, the company experienced a significant lengthening of the sales cycle to an average of eight months, while also spending resources on an opportunity that may not close at all. This also put pressure on license fees, and made value-based pricing difficult.
- The management team had limited trust in the ability to accurately predict where the revenue would come from, due to a poorly graded pipeline. The poor grading limited the visibility of where an opportunity resided along the sales process, minimizing the ability to pro-actively intervene and support the sales force. It also forced the company to spend time on poorly qualified opportunities when it could have been spent on more important deals.
According to Alexander the company was looking for a more systematic way to:
- Closely monitor the progress of their opportunities along pre-defined stages and milestones to improve their close rate.
- Align their sales people along a sales methodology and common language that would facilitate their internal sales communication.
- Differentiate themselves by how they sold and how they described the benefits their products brought to their prospects.
Working with Philippe Lavie, CustomerCentric Selling® Business Partner, Quova began redesigning its sales process. Quova implemented the CustomerCentric Selling® methodology and crafted new tools for its sales force, using Sales Ready Messaging® templates and processes. CustomerCentric Selling® provided Quova with the capabilities needed to achieve their goals and finally, Quova is well on its way to a successful implementation of all these elements.
To date, Quova has seen these results:
- A more effective way to allocate resources to sales activities.
- A common language, sales and sales management tools have been implemented, reducing the amount of time spent on weekly sales staff meeting and call debrief.
- Better qualification of prospects.
- Average transaction value has increased by 45%.
Founded in January 2000, privately-held Quova, Inc. is a provider and developer of Web geography services and technologies for the online enterprise. Its flagship GeoPoint service instantly determines the real-world geographic locations of Web site visitors – a science known as geolocation – down to the country, region, state, or city level. Quova’s 170+ customers – industry leaders in financial services, retail, digital content, media, advertising and online gaming – leverage GeoPoint geolocation data to execute targeted marketing initiatives, prevent online fraud, ensure regulatory compliance, manage digital rights and enhance network security. Quova’s unique combination of patented, cutting-edge technology and expert human analysis provides unsurpassed data quality and global coverage.
More information on Quova can be found at www.quova.com
If you have questions about this client, please contact Philippe Lavie at email@example.com
- Common language and set of tools to assist sales and sales management
- Improved prospect qualification
- Transaction size increased by 45%
- Better, more effective allocation of resources
About CustomerCentric Selling®
CustomerCentric Selling® (CCS®) is a proven methodology for predictably improving revenue growth and sales performance. Founded in 2002, CCS® helps clients worldwide to implement repeatable, auditable and scalable sales processes that, when combined with Sales Ready Messaging®, guides marketing and sales to have meaningful conversations with customers and prospects. This results in winning high-value deals, retaining and growing client relationships and improving the predictability and accuracy of sales forecasts.
CustomerCentric Selling® is regularly named to the Top Sales Training Companies list. Clients such as Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Business Objects, Rockwell Automation, EMC and Raython have deployed CCS® worldwide. For more information, vist www.customercentric.com, or call Jill Perez at 800.993.1228, ext.706.
Our Live Workshops are filling up!
If you want to take the guesswork out of how to improve your sales game, we can help. Come to our next Live Workshop in Boston or Denver. You’ll get three days of in-person sales training, great food, expert hands-on coaching, and — most importantly! — a clear process for any sales situation so you can earn more money for your company and for yourself.