Sales Training Success: SCG optimizes sales performance by cutting their sales cycle and increasing the size of their opportunities.
Partner, Business Development Lead
Bill Edmett, Jr., SCG partner, and David Brown, SCG’s business development lead, attended a CustomerCentric Selling® workshop hosted by Microsoft with goals to increase sales and the size of opportunities by improving selling skills and strategy.
The challenges they faced in reaching their goals were:
- Opportunities were not being properly qualified
- They did not have control of the sales process and access to key players early enough
- Time was being wasted following up on proposals that were issued that never turned into business
In order to overcome these challenges and achieve their goals, SCG defined these capabilities:
- To focus more on qualification and seeking executive sponsorship and validation earlier in the sales cycle
- To maintain control from the beginning of the process through the proposal
- To get control back for proposals were already issued
CustomerCentric Selling® provided them with these capabilities.
After conducting a customized CustomerCentric Selling® Workshop for several Microsoft Partners, Pat Dougherty (the CustomerCentric Selling® Business Partner and Instructor) followed up with all of the partners to measure their results. SCG was able to up-position their firm in the market and focus on larger companies and higher value, quality opportunities with more cross selling for their consulting practice.
This has resulted in:
- 20% decrease in the length of the sales cycle
- 25% increase in the average size of an opportunity
Also, immediately following training, David sent a proposal withdrawal letter, received a call back in days, re-started the opportunity and closed the business. He has already received follow-on business from this account for an additional 50% of the original dollar amount.
Business Development Lead Solutions Consulting Group
RedDot is the Open Text Web Solutions Group with more than a decade of experience in Web Content Management (WCM). RedDot solutions are recognized throughout the industry for their legendary ease of use and feature leading multilingual support, enterprise Web 2.0 capabilities, content integration, and contextual delivery. From mid-market to enterprise, more than 2,600 clients around the world rely on RedDot to create, manage and deliver a personalized Web experience for their Intranets, Extranets and Web sites.
More information on Solutions Consulting Group can be found at www.SCG.net
If you have questions about this client, please contact Pat Dougherty at email@example.com.
- 25% increase in average size of opportunity
- 20% decrease in length of sales cycle
- Solidify place in market and focus on larger, higher yielding opportunities
- Refined selling skills relevant to their business and better understanding their clients’ needs
About CustomerCentric Selling®
CustomerCentric Selling® (CCS®) is a proven methodology for predictably improving revenue growth and sales performance. Founded in 2002, CCS® helps clients worldwide to implement repeatable, auditable and scalable sales processes that, when combined with Sales Ready Messaging®, guides marketing and sales to have meaningful conversations with customers and prospects. This results in winning high-value deals, retaining and growing client relationships and improving the predictability and accuracy of sales forecasts.
CustomerCentric Selling® is regularly named to the Top Sales Training Companies list. Clients such as Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Business Objects, Rockwell Automation, EMC and Raython have deployed CCS® worldwide. For more information, vist www.customercentric.com, or call Jill Perez at 800.993.1228, ext.706.