Sales Training Article: The Benefits of a Defined Sales Process
By Gary Walker, EVP of Channel Sales & Operations, CustomerCentric Selling® – The Sales Training Company
“Are there any benefits to following a defined sales process?”
Would you agree that most salespeople typically hate to be held to a documented/prescribed sales process? Would you also agree that regardless of the direction and training they have been given, they prefer to do what they have always done – with or without the desired success?
Unfortunately, we are creatures of habit. It takes courage to change. But for salespeople and their management, with the courage to adopt and follow a defined ‘customer-centric’ sales process, there are many benefits, such as:
- Understanding where the prospect is in their evaluation/buying process
- Following a set of clearly defined steps, sales best practices, that take the prospect from interest development to closure
- Improved productivity/efficiency
- Improved personal sales effectiveness
- Reduced cost of sale
- Improved forecasting accuracy
- Increased WIN rates
- In a report published by CSO Insights entitled Optimizing Sales Performance for the High Tech Market, sales organizations that adopt and implement a defined sales process where sales rep adoption is actively managed and changes to the process are made proactively as needed, enjoy a WIN rate of 55.2% compared to 40% to those that don’t.
Do yourself, your sales team and your company a favor. Invest in adopting and implementing a defined sales process. The potential benefits to everyone are HUGE.
Take a look at the sales training workshops available to you.
Our Live Workshops are filling up!
If you want to take the guesswork out of how to improve your sales game, we can help. Come to our next Live Workshop in Boston or Denver. You’ll get three days of in-person sales training, great food, expert hands-on coaching, and — most importantly! — a clear process for any sales situation so you can earn more money for your company and for yourself.