Sales Training Success: UBS increases revenue, cuts time from hire-to-first sale in half and dramatically improves forecasting accuracy.
Specializing in providing a full range of document imaging services, the CEO of Reams Document Imaging, now Unity Business Systems, faced the challenge of developing a strategic plan for growth and the tactics to achieve success. Having an existing sales and marketing staff that possessed a mix of talents and energies, he was committed to increasing revenue without raising the cost of sales.
The marketplace was state and county governments. An initial analysis uncovered the following barriers to achieving his goal:
- With no defined sales process, forecasting was less than accurate as qualification and pipeline grading vary with each salesperson.
- Sales cycles could drag on from six months to two years.
- Without the development of coordinated messaging tools, the salespeople had to rely on available marketing materials, which did not support the sales philosophy on which he wanted to build.
- The time it took from the date of hire until the first sale was made was 6-8 months.
After initial conversations, it was determined that the goal of the CEO was to improve sales and revenue performance through the introduction of a consistent, repeatable sales process.
Specifically, he wanted to:
- Have all sales and marketing personnel use the same methodology.
- Provide the sales team with sales messaging tools that supported them with the capability to conduct business-level discussions with all levels of state and county executives.
- Establish a centralized source of sales information upon which accurate forecasting could be based.
CustomerCentric Selling® provided Unity Business Systems with these capabilities.
After conducting a customized CustomerCentric Selling® Workshop with the entire sales and marketing staff, the results included:
- The volume of the sales funnel has increased by 70%
- Time for new salespeople to produce their first sale has been reduced by 50%
- The sales forecast has been at least 80% accurate for the last two quarters
- Gross revenues have increased by 60%
When asked to comment on the improved sales performance,
CEO of Unity Business Systems said
Reams Computer Corporation was founded in 1976 by Gordon Reams and specialized in document imaging services. In 2006, Mr. Reams retired and sold the company to former Chief Executive Officer, Carl H. Long. Mr. Long is now the President of Unity Business Systems, formerly known as Reams Document Imaging. The Unity Business Systems corporate office is located in Poquoson, Virginia.
More information on Unity Business Systems can be found at www.unitysystems.biz
If you have questions about this client, please contact Jill Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits to Unity Business Systems:
- The volume of the sales funnel increased by 70%
- The time for new salespeople to produce their first sale has been reduced by 50%
- Sales forecasts were at least 80% accurate for at least two straight quarters following implementation
- Gross revenues increased by 60%
About CustomerCentric Selling®
CustomerCentric Selling® (CCS®) is a proven methodology for predictably improving revenue growth and sales performance. Founded in 2002, CCS® helps clients worldwide to implement repeatable, auditable and scalable sales processes that, when combined with Sales Ready Messaging®, guides marketing and sales to have meaningful conversations with customers and prospects. This results in winning high-value deals, retaining and growing client relationships and improving the predictability and accuracy of sales forecasts.
CustomerCentric Selling® is regularly named to the Top Sales Training Companies list. Clients such as Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Business Objects, Rockwell Automation, EMC and Raython have deployed CCS® worldwide. For more information, vist www.customercentric.com/, or call Jill Perez at 800.993.1228, ext.706.
Our Live Workshops are filling up!
If you want to take the guesswork out of how to improve your sales game, we can help. Come to our next Live Workshop in Boston or Denver. You’ll get three days of in-person sales training, great food, expert hands-on coaching, and — most importantly! — a clear process for any sales situation so you can earn more money for your company and for yourself.